Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ode to Al

We've been packing for a Russian winter, known at times in Moscow, to reach -20 F. Brr!! Boots, down coats, Cuddle Duds, wool sweaters, hand/foot warmers, all trying to not exceed the bag weight limit.
I hate to be cold!! I much prefer the hot, even humid summers in the Midwest to freezing my toes/fingers.
I've been praying (yes, I know its selfish) that God would allow a mild winter, and gracious travel conditions, knowing He is in control. Today I found this:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16752891
All I have to say is-- Hallelujah!
:)

1 comment:

Dana Stuber said...

Hello Nancy! Fun to find your blog. Great to hear of your prayer about the weather in Russia. God so cares about the details, especially because He knows us melancholies care! If He can bless me with amazing weather last summer for my first bike trip, He can bless you with mild temps for a life-altering trip across the world to retrieve two dear sons of Adam. May He Bless you! Dana